The current and recent work of the Hailsham team includes:
- General commercial claims (shipping, sale of goods, CMR, conflict of laws)
- Insurance claims (coverage disputes, non-disclosure)
- Fraud/deceit claims
- Banking disputes (retail and corporate)
- Freezing injunctions (within the jurisdiction and abroad)
- Intellectual property (patent exploitation, mobile phone software development, nano-technology)
- Partnership disputes
We have significant experience of the Commercial Court, Mercantile Courts and the Chancery Division (where many commercial matters are resolved) and arbitrations.
Much advice is protective and preventative. But when, and if, matters progress to litigation or arbitration we pride ourselves on having excellent all-round advocacy skills based on rigorous preparation and full knowledge of every aspect of the case. Such is the quality of that preparation that a large proportion of our commercial work settles (favourably) well before any trial or arbitration.
We are able to assemble teams when required and in all cases fees will be transparent and reasonable. We have experience of "big ticket" litigation but can also provide advice and advocacy on more modest claims. We work closely with our instructing solicitors and the end-user clients to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective outcomes.
Laurie West-Knights QC is Head of Hailsham's Commercial Group.