"Hailsham maintains its long-standing reputation as a repository for quality barristers with expertise in medical professional discipline. ... Instructing solicitors find the set 'very approachable, very efficient and very willing to come out and see clients.' The set's clerking team is also praised for its responsiveness and reliability." Chambers UK 2013
"...members feature near the top of the wish lists of a number of regulatory bodies in the accountancy, medical, surveying and financial services professions. Interviewees find the set "a pleasure to work with" and go there for the 'range of excellent regulatory advocates' on hand." Chambers UK 2012
"Clients say the team is always 'sensitive towards vulnerable clients' and praise it for the commitment of its members." Chambers UK 2011
Described by our clients as "commercially aware" and "well attuned to the market" we appear before a range of regulatory and disciplinary bodies.
- We advise NHS and professional bodies on regulatory issues relating to healthcare and appear in the Administrative Court on applications for judicial review.
- We appear regularly before the General Medical Council, the General Dental Council, and the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- We appear before the Solicitors' Disciplinary Tribunal and the Bar Standards Board Disciplinary Tribunal.
- We appear before the Family Health Services Appeal Tribunal, the General Optical Council, the Care Standards Tribunal, the Health Professions Council, the British Psychological Society, the Discipline and Appeals Committee for the Council of Licensed Conveyancers, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, the disciplinary committee of the Association of Law Costs Draftsmen, the disciplinary board of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, and the disciplinary tribunals of medical and dental schools.
- Members sit as Legal Assessors for the General Social Care Council, the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and the Royal Pharmaceutical Society and as a Legal Chairman of the Family Health Services Appeal Tribunal.
- We advise employers, employees and trade unions on all aspects of employment work and appear in the ECJ, the High Court, Employment Tribunals and the EAT.
Nicholas Peacock is Head of Hailsham's Regulatory & Disciplinary Group.