Hailsham Chambers offers mini-pupillages throughout the course of the year. The purpose of mini-pupillage at Hailsham is to help successful applicants see what life is like as a junior tenant, and to offer an insight into Chambers and its areas of practice.
Applicants for mini-pupillage must submit an application comprising a CV and covering letter in accordance with Chambers’ mini-pupillage application timetable (see below).
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria, which we encourage you to consider when writing your cover letter:
- Academic ability;
- Maturity and responsibility (which may be evidenced by extra-curricular activities);
- Communication skills;
- Interest in the Bar;
- Interest in Hailsham’s areas of practice;
- Experience of oral advocacy through mooting, debating or other public speaking; and
- Care and attention in preparation of your application.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Mini-Pupillage” in the subject line; or
- By post to Hailsham Chambers, 4 Paper Buildings, London EC4Y 7EX.
The timetable for applications is as follows:
- An applicant wishing to undertake mini-pupillage during the period February – June should submit an application by 30th November of the preceding year.
- An applicant wishing to undertake mini-pupillage during the period September – December should submit an application by 31 July of that year.
Although we do not require applicants for pupillage to have undertaken a mini-pupillage with us nor assess them – we do encourage potential applicants for pupillage to consider applying for mini-pupillage.
Please be aware that when you make any application we may store your personal information. Please click here to see what we do with such information and why.