Please note: Hailsham has suspended its mini-pupillage programme during the outbreak of the coronavirus. Alternative dates will be offered to those who have already had their mini-pupillages postponed. More information will be posted here in due course regarding the next round of mini-pupillage applications.
Hailsham Chambers offers mini-pupillages throughout the course of the year. The purpose of mini-pupillage at Hailsham is to help successful applicants see what life is like as a junior tenant, and to offer an insight into Chambers and its areas of practice.
Applicants for mini-pupillage must submit an application comprising a CV and covering letter in accordance with Chambers’ mini-pupillage application timetable (see below).
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria, which we encourage you to consider when writing your cover letter:
- Academic ability
- Maturity and responsibility (which may be evidenced by extra-curricular activities)
- Communication skills
- Interest in the Bar
- Interest in Hailsham’s areas of practice
- Experience of oral advocacy through mooting, debating or other public speaking
- Care and attention in preparation of your application
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Mini-Pupillage” in the subject line or
- By post to Hailsham Chambers, 4 Paper Buildings, London EC4Y 7EX
The timetable for applications is as follows:
- An applicant wishing to undertake mini-pupillage during the period February – June should submit an application by 4pm on 30th November of the preceding year.
- An applicant wishing to undertake mini-pupillage during the period September – December should submit an application by 4pm on 31 July of that year.
Although we do not require applicants for pupillage to have undertaken a mini-pupillage with us, nor do we assess them, we do encourage potential applicants for pupillage to consider applying for mini-pupillage.
Please be aware that when you make any application we may store your personal information. Please click here to see what we do with such information and why.