Members of Chambers have extensive experience of acting in the TCC for or against architects (where there are alleged failures in the co-ordination of works, in the design of buildings and other structures, in the selection and use of inappropriate materials, in the supervision and approval of defective works) and engineers (for failure to assess ground conditions and for design failures), as well as other ‘professional’ consultants of all kinds.
Significant construction cases include:
- Re-Source America v Platt Site Services & Barking Construction  95 Con LR 1, acting for contractor against sub- contractor whose negligent welding allegedly caused fire at a warehouse.
- Tesco Stores Ltd v Costain Construction and others – a claim against architects arising from a supermarket fire.
- Abbott v Will Gannon & Smith – limitation in claim against a consulting engineer.
- The Westwood Partnership, a £multi-million damages claim arising out of a fire at a restaurant. The arbitration of a claim against the design and build contractors in a disastrous £7m property development.
- Aldi, B&Q, Grantchester v Holmes Building Ltd & Ors (2004). TCC. HHJ Seymour QC. Multi-party construction litigation arising out of the subsidence of 2 supermarkets on reclaimed land.