Hailsham Chambers is a specialist, civil law set that maintains six core practice groups.
Members of the groups act for claimants and defendants, providing advice and representation before all levels of courts and tribunals throughout the world, in the areas of:
- Professional negligence – in cases involving:
as well as advising about professional indemnity insurance coverage points.
- Medical law – acting in clinical negligence cases for patients, trusts, healthcare professionals, health authorities, private clinics and appearing at inquest and in the Court of Protection.
- Costs litigation: Involving points of principle and advising in disputes between solicitor and client, retainers, funding arrangements, DBAs, CFAs and costs budgets.
- Regulatory & disciplinary: Advice and advocacy before tribunals and regulatory bodies, both medical and non-medical.
- Personal injury: Dealing with claims arising from injuries at work, road traffic accidents, traumatic brain and catastrophic spinal injuries.
- Commercial law: Acting in general commercial matters such as insurance claims, fraud and partnership disputes.